A urologic condition is any disease or disorder that affects the male reproductive organs or the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra). Some common urologic conditions may include:
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Disorder or Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Blockage
Types of Surgery
When lifestyle changes, medicine and other treatments do not ease your symptoms, your doctor may suggest surgery. Surgery can include:
- Open surgery (through one large incision)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (Laparoscopic / Robotic–assisted da Vinci Surgery) — done through a few small incisions
Learn more about da Vinci Urologic Procedures:
- da Vinci Prostatectomy (prostate cancer surgery)
- da Vinci Partial Nephrectomy (kidney disease/cancer surgery)
- da Vinci Cystectomy (bladder cancer surgery)
- da Vinci Pyeloplasty (urinary obstruction surgery)
The da Vinci System has brought minimally invasive surgery to more than 3 million patients worldwide. da Vinci technology – changing the experience of surgery for people around the world.
- To locate a da Vinci surgeon nearest you, use our surgeon locator.
- Learn more about the da Vinci Surgical System
Important Safety Information
Serious complications may occur in any surgery, including da Vinci® Surgery, up to and including death. Individual surgical results may vary. Patients should talk to their doctor to decide if da Vinci Surgery is right for them. Patients and doctors should review all available information on non-surgical and surgical options in order to make an informed decision. Please also refer to http://www.daVinciSurgery.com/Safety for Important Safety Information.
©2016 Intuitive Surgical, Inc. All rights reserved. Product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. The information on this website is intended for a United States audience only.